Friday, November 16, 2007

Thankfulness...#9

These past few months I have been reading a lot, books about pregnancy, parenting, being a wife, birth, breast feeding, and much more. Each of these books that I have been reading has something in common. They are written with a good purpose to teach, and mentor those that are needing this knowledge. The sad realization that has come to me full force, now with being married, approaching the birth of our child, is that these books are meant to replace mothers, grandmothers, and older women who have much to tell us. The women that should be staying home teaching their families, and those in their life, are out living the good life, and leaving a lot of wonderful teaching and fellowship time behind. Reading these books has shown me how much I have to be thankful for! God has placed in my life many "older" women to teach me, and encourage me. So today I am so very thankful to them, for laying aside a part of their lives to teach me.

Mom, Devon, Momma Dar, Mrs Jo Elaine, Kim Evans, Stacy McDonald, Theresa Lansberry, Lanie Barnhart, Jana Peiffer, Jennifer Bateman Juanita Tye. Each of these ladies has a very special place in my heart. They have taken time to welcome me, to teach me, many times even without knowing it, just their example has spoken volumes. There are so many more that come to mind, but listing them would take all day, and a whole lot of space to do so in.

To all ladies in God's earthly kingdom, who have a heart to teach, mentor, and love on us younger women. Thank You! I rise up today and call you blessed, because you have left a legacy to the next generations.

Abba Father,

Thank you for placing in my life women who will teach. Women who will love, and exemplify you. May you bless each one of these ladies in a very special way this day. Also please help us young women to learn well, what it means to be an older women to teach, and pass on your statutes. May you be honored and glorified mightily this day, because you deserve the glory, and this is the day you have made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.


Blessings this day to you from God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ!

2 comments:

dlr said...

...you made me cry...

Unknown said...

So true. I am delightfully surpised that some one so young can come to the realization that good books are taking the place of godly people.
Remember, you are that mentor for other younger ladies in your life.
We here at CWW are so proud of you & John! Be blessed!
Peace,
Pastor Paul